httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: [BUG] with include paths and regex.h
Date Mon, 02 Feb 1998 23:34:06 GMT

On Mon, 2 Feb 1998, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Martin Kraemer wrote:
> >
> > With my current setup, a compiled server dies an immediate death because
> > the regex.h of the system does not match with the HS regex of the library
> > (the latter works with apache, the former doesn't).
>
> So what's using the system's regex.h?  The -I../include should result in
> all of the Apache stuff picking up the HS regex.h file.  Since the
> Makefiles used to include an -I../regex, which is where regex.h used to
> live, I don't see how this could be happening - unless there's some
> stale .o files lying around.

He's not using hs regex.  That's why it is broken.  This is why I posted
about regex.h immediately after your commit... because your commit broke
systems not using hs regex.

> > So, my plea is:
> > *   add an explicit -I .../regex/ to the Makefile.tmpl's or make
> >     sure that the correct regex.h is used. (I added the -I to extra_includes)
>
> Someone (Jim?) suggested changing the name of the HS regex.h file to
> "hsregex.h", which sounds like a reasonable compromise - but I haven't
> looked into it.  Since I did the .h movement I suppose it's incumbent
> upon me to fix up this residue..

To do this you'll have to add -DHSREGEX or something to the command line.

I actually don't have a preference for the solution to this one.
hsregex.h is fine.  So is adding regex back to INCLUDES_AUTODEPTH.  A
symlink is probably the wrong thing (due to win32)... and a copy is
definately the wrong thing (because someone may want to change regex.h).

Dean