httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: oh another Options "bug"
Date Sun, 01 Feb 1998 20:56:05 GMT

On Sat, 31 Jan 1998, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> I might give this one some thought.  There have been requests for
> site-extensible overrides and options, I was planning to expend some
> skull-sweat in this area for 2.0 anyway.

Well, I see no reason to extend the Options banality.  We've already got
an extensible configuration language, what's wrong with folks using their
own modules putting in boolean directives?  Options is an NCSA backwards
brokeness feature.

Now, if you wanted to, for example, implement a generic "bitset" config
type with consistent parsing, and no bugs... more power to ya!  I'd rather
see a general routine like this, so that folks could use it in other
directives (like IndexOptions for example).

Dean