httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alvaro Martinez Echevarria <alvaro-ht...@lander.es>
Subject Re: absoluteURIs suck
Date Sat, 21 Feb 1998 04:45:09 GMT
On Fri, 20 Feb 1998, Marc Slemko wrote:

> > Yeah; and also "don't be too liberal in what you accept", or you
> > might end up accepting requests like "GIMME www.nasa.gov BUDDY".
> > Just kidding.
>
> Well, not quite but close:
>
> marcs@valis:~$ nc -v www.roxen.com 80
> roxen.com [194.52.182.96] 80 (http) open
> GIMME / BUDDY
>
> HTTP/1.0 200 OK
> Last-Modified: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 04:04:41 GMT
> Server: Roxen·Challenger/1.2alpha14

Believe me, I have woke up my whole family with my laughters when
I've seen that :-). That's really nice, but anyway I would say
you can expect such kind of behaviour from that
roxen-challenger-something thingie. But those ones I've found
after you killed my innocence are even better, and more
surprising (at least to me):

alvaro@leon:~$ telnet www.nasa.gov 80
Trying 198.116.116.10...
Connected to www.nsi.nasa.gov.