httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <p...@c2.net>
Subject CGI hanges (was Re: The Bad News)
Date Sun, 15 Feb 1998 21:22:46 GMT
On Sat, 7 Feb 1998, Ben Laurie wrote:
> 1. Have a CGI that does a sleep(2).
> 2. Hit the CGI from 10+ DOS windows with a client that just goes round
> and round refetching.

Well, I still can't reproduce this. I've run 90 concurrent clients (from
Linux) against a CGI (on NT with 1.3b6-dev)) that sleeps for two seconds
and it doesn't hang. Well actually it does after a few 1000's of requests,
but that is more likely a resource issue (I also get a few "Connection
refused"  messages when multiple requests as initiated at the same time,
but Apache doesn't have much control over that).

Is there any significance in that fact that your test and the reporter
of the PR both used clients on the same machine as the server?

//pcs