httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <p...@c2.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0 STATUS
Date Wed, 11 Feb 1998 15:52:54 GMT
On Mon, 9 Feb 1998, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> pcs@hyperreal.org wrote:
> > pcs         98/02/09 03:10:32
> >
> >   Modified:    .        STATUS
> >   Log:
> >   What a surprise.... more votes!
> 	:
> >           . use virtual functions for module hooks
> >   -     Status: Ben +1
> >   +     Status: Ben +1, Paul -1
>
> Erm, what is the justification for this veto, Paul?  Or was it
> a typo?

It is not a veto, it is a vote against the proposal. How else should a
vote *against* a proposal be recorded? A +0 signifies neutrality, so it
not acceptable. If we do not allow -1 votes on discussional items we end
up the a situation (as on some of the other items) have having three
propositions: For, Neutral, Against. If you want to change this proposal
into that format, and place me as a +1 in "Against", feel free.

As for the reason, well, it is a bad idea to move to C++ (for all the
reasons that have been discussed repeatedly over the last couple of years)
and even badder to then make use of C++ "features" to implement an API
which we want to make available to all languages, including modules which
can still be written in C.

Paul
--
Paul Sutton, C2Net Europe                    http://www.eu.c2.net/~paul/