httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alvaro Martinez Echevarria <alv...@lander.es>
Subject Re: Problem with SIGPIPE and external loggers
Date Wed, 11 Feb 1998 00:15:18 GMT
On Tue, 10 Feb 1998, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> This should be handled by "reliable piped logs," one of the
> major features added to 1.3beta.  Check out the archives around
> August-September, and look at the 1.3 CHANGES file.  (See
> <http://dev.apache.org/> for information about the list archives.)
> #ken	P-)}

Is there going to be a backport? If this may become a new DoS
episode, I am pretty convinced about the convenience of doing it.
Or if it is to hard to backport, maybe we can just try the double
process workaround (did you read my previous message till the
end, or did you stop right after "apache-1.2.X"? ;-). A lot of
people is still using 1.2 just because it is considered the most
stable release; and we have seen too many DoS attacks lately to
ignore the possibility of a new one, so I think it's worth the
effort.
Any opinions about this? Anyway, I'm going to write the
mini-respawner I mentioned, and see what happens.
Regards.

|   Alvaro Martínez Echevarría   |      LANDER SISTEMAS            |
|        alvaro@lander.es        |      Pº Castellana, 121         |
                                 |      Tel: +34-1-5562883         |
                                 |      Fax: +34-1-5563001         |