httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cristian Gafton <gaf...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: apache/linux modules
Date Tue, 03 Feb 1998 03:53:19 GMT
On Mon, 2 Feb 1998, Marc Slemko wrote:

> You are right, no one has really cared.  Because no one here seems to use
> it.  We haven't had much in the way of people building third party
> distributions in the list speaking up about what they need.

That's beyond muy point of understanding. Everybody (every third party
shipping customized apache server) preferred t go through the pain of
maiking the user install a new server, try to merge it's changes for the
config files into the new ones provided, etc, instead of preferring to ask
the user "what version of apache are you running and on what platform" and
upon receiving the answer ship a shared object with a five-liner install
script and make adding a new, very cool apache feature a very easy task ?

You mean, there were no such vendors screaming loud about having such a
nifty feture ?

Then maybe is not such a cool thing to have, after all.

Cristian
Cristian Gafton   --   gafton@redhat.com   --   Red Hat Software, Inc.