httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cristian Gafton <gaf...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: apache/linux modules
Date Tue, 03 Feb 1998 03:29:47 GMT
On Mon, 2 Feb 1998, Alexei Kosut wrote:

> Um.. since when does anyone have to edit Configure, httpd.h or
> Makefile.tmpl to build Apache? On most systems (including RHL, by the
> way), I just do "cp Configuration.tmpl Configuration; ./Configure; make"
> and it works.

No, it does not. It will be a looong time b4 we will start shipping
packages that install themselves in the /usr/local and look by default
there for their config files.

> And would you mind not inserting the phrase (in so many words) "I want
> dynamic module support in Apache" in every message you send to the list?

Sorry about that. What I meant is that although support is there, this
thing never worked out of the box and nobody seemed to care.

> mod_so, mod_dll or mod_dld (which also comes with the standard
> distribution) to your needs. This is the whole point of Apache's modular
> system.

dld is a dead library. mod_dll is out of discussion, and about mod_so I
only heared about being developed - no pointer, no nothing.

Cristian
Cristian Gafton   --   gafton@redhat.com   --   Red Hat Software, Inc.