httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cristian Gafton <gaf...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: apache/linux modules
Date Mon, 02 Feb 1998 23:33:35 GMT
On Mon, 2 Feb 1998, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> as simple as that.  For example, the following POSIX program fragment
> fails on many svr4 systems:

[...]

autoconf can not do this for you. Neither the current ./Configure. You
have hard-coded this stuff into ./Configure and ./Configure will act
accordingly.

The same exact type of overriding and special test cases you can do with
autoconf too. In this respect there is no difference. I did not say that
autoconf will save you in cases like this. I said that it will simplify
other tests and lists of features for each platform.

> I'm not aware of any other server which uses the same model as Apache.
> I'd love to be told of one though, so that we can go look and compare
> our solutions.

Sorry, I am not aware of any program that does this.

Cristian
Cristian Gafton   --   gafton@redhat.com   --   Red Hat Software, Inc.