httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cristian Gafton <>
Subject Re: apache/linux modules
Date Mon, 02 Feb 1998 23:08:41 GMT
On Mon, 2 Feb 1998, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Sure.  How does it differ from "./Configure ; make"?
> I still have grave concerns about autoconf's ability to sense all the
> platform-specific issues src/Configure does.

Well, it does so for squid. And for gcc. And for emacs. And for
PostgreSQL. And for sendmail. And for bind. And for a whole plethora of
big, large programs with heavy requirements on identifying the exact
differences between platforms.

Why wouldn't it do it for apache ?!

Cristian Gafton   --   --   Red Hat Software, Inc.