httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@leland.Stanford.EDU>
Subject Re: Patch: apache/linux modules
Date Thu, 12 Feb 1998 03:17:12 GMT
On Wed, 11 Feb 1998, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> ... and then the patch for each module would only be three lines long (and
> would mean less work when apache releases new versions of 1.2).
>
> I didn't really look at the loading code because I forget what was fixed
> between 1.2 and 1.3... Alexei or Paul should know more.

Ah, yes. add_module() in 1.2 does not work for dynamic modules if you also
use AddModule/ClearModules, or maybe even if you don't. It basically makes
the assumption that any module added is one which is already loaded, and
has some problems that will most likely result in core dumps in many
non-completely straightforward cases.

Ironically, 0.8's add_module() works perfectly, even though we had no
good way to use it (mod_dld sucked). This got broken in 1.1 or 1.2.

I haven't looked at the patch in question, but if it calls add_module(),
it probably has problems with Apache 1.2.