httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@leland.Stanford.EDU>
Subject Re: apache/linux modules
Date Tue, 03 Feb 1998 02:07:27 GMT
On Mon, 2 Feb 1998, Marc Slemko wrote:

> I would support adding a module to 1.3 to properly do dynamic loading,
> including if someone wants a "load all files in this directory" directive.

That actually requires some changes to the Apache API - we can't load a
module unless we know the name of its module record symbol (e.g.
"includes_module"). We could try to guess it from the name of the file, I
guess, like we do for Configuration.

> Be it sameer's module or something else...

I support sticking Sameer's module in the standard distribution. That
sounds good to me.

-- Alexei Kosut <> <>
   Stanford University, Class of 2001 * Apache <> *

View raw message