httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@leland.Stanford.EDU>
Subject Re: apache/linux modules
Date Tue, 03 Feb 1998 02:04:11 GMT
On Mon, 2 Feb 1998, Cristian Gafton wrote:

> Now you are saying that this is still more complicated than having to
> patch Configure, Configuration, httpd.h and Makefile.tmpl to do a build...

Um.. since when does anyone have to edit Configure, httpd.h or
Makefile.tmpl to build Apache? On most systems (including RHL, by the
way), I just do "cp Configuration.tmpl Configuration; ./Configure; make"
and it works.

And would you mind not inserting the phrase (in so many words) "I want
dynamic module support in Apache" in every message you send to the list? I
mean, Apache's supported dynamic modules since 0.8.0, you just need a
simple module that loads your module and inserts it into Apache. Sameer
wrote a mod_so that works on many Unix systems, and mod_dll, which comes
with our Win32 build, also works great. You should be easily able to adapt
mod_so, mod_dll or mod_dld (which also comes with the standard
distribution) to your needs. This is the whole point of Apache's modular
system.