httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-site related_projects.html
Date Sun, 22 Feb 1998 15:55:58 GMT
On Sun, 22 Feb 1998, Paul Sutton wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Feb 1998, Rob Hartill wrote:
> > On 20 Feb 1998 pcs@hyperreal.org wrote:
> > > pcs         98/02/20 08:16:08
> > >
> > >   Modified:    .        related_projects.html
> > >   Log:
> > >   Since Apache Week is listed under "Commercial Products" but is neither
> > >   commercial nor a product, explain what it is in the summary and detailed
> > >   description
> >
> > not commercial ??
> >
> > So by giving away MSIE, it too is non-commercial ?  :-)
>
> I'm not really sure you can compare a product with a service like this.
> Apache Week consists purely of _information_.

So does IMDb, and like Apache week it uses advertising for commercial gain.

> > I've also read some subtle advertising in Apache Week.
>
> Could be send me some examples, please?

  This is the latest edition of Apache Week. To read this issue or any
  past issues, see  http://www.apacheweek.com/

             [1]Secure your network with SafePassage Secure Tunnel

I'm not saying "subtle" = "bad". I'm saying "subtle" = "low key".

Still looks like a commercial product to me. Call it whatever you
want.

rob