httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: what is server side javascript?
Date Thu, 26 Feb 1998 06:22:24 GMT
On Thu, 26 Feb 1998, Jeremie Miller wrote:

> Microsoft's version of JavaScript has always been available in source
> code:
> http://www.microsoft.com/jscript/us/techinfo/src_lic.htm
>
> I'm no lawyer, but the license scares me.  Netscape has always made their

Hehe.  Yea, they specify you must have an "about box":

     (b) All distributions must provide the following attribution in
     both the "about box" and in any printed/online documentation: "This
     application uses JScript from Microsoft Corporation."

[...]
     (e) Access to the JS Code shall only be at secure Licensee
     facilities where Licensee takes all reasonable steps necessary to
     protect the security and the confidentiality of the JS Code; and