httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: <!--#exec cmd --> without Options +ExecCGI?
Date Wed, 25 Feb 1998 21:44:05 GMT
On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, Martin Kraemer wrote:

> On my linux box at home, I can execute commands without an explicit
> Options +ExecCGI anywhere around. Is that intentional?
> I thought it should be forbidden...

The way it is currently is correct, because exec cmd has nothing to do
with CGIs.

The only bogon I am aware of in that area is that IncludesNOEXEC does not
currently allow AddHandler'd CGIs to be run by include virtual but only
allows ScriptAliased ones.  IncludesNOEXEC should still allow include
virtual to include things that would be run as CGIs if accessed directly
anyway.