httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: InfoWorld article on Apache is up.
Date Mon, 16 Feb 1998 18:04:29 GMT
AHSP?  Hehe.  (Apache HTTP Server Project)

      Apache sports several nice features that make it incredibly
      attractive. First, Apache is known for its blazing speed on
      Unix systems, and that same performance carries over nicely
      to the NT platform.

I hate to discourage anyone from gushing over Apache on NT, but that
is a lie.  The performance does not carry over nicely.  Heck, how can
you call a server that can't support more than 64 simultaneous connections
scalable?

Funny how the biggest thing that any review of Apache under Unix whines
about is no GUI, but they simply (fairly) mention it in passing!  And
this is on NT!  Perhaps it really is true that NT people are getting
sick of pathetic GUIs.