httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject how do you deal with a broken benchmark, so early in the morning...
Date Mon, 16 Feb 1998 06:22:09 GMT
It makes requests.  It reads reponses.  It compares servers based on the
bytes/sec they spit out, only it ignores the headers.

Some servers are horrible and only output three lines of headers, which
_does_ really hurt things like more advanced features, caching ,etc.

Some (like Apache) output a few more.

Some (like that IBM thing) output a whole lot of crap.

Gee, this sounds like it gives nice results to me.  Sigh.

Oh yea, why can't we do a persistent non-chunked connection for CGIs that
output a content-length?