httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.2/conf httpd.conf-dist
Date Fri, 06 Feb 1998 06:31:44 GMT
On Thu, 5 Feb 1998, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> (detecting if tmpfile is nfs-mounted)
>
> By the way, I would really support having things like this in another
> program, like a "config-lint", which would be called separately by the
> person who wrote the config file.  Such a program could detect bogosities
> which have bitten us before, like this.

But people won't and then we need a real config parser.

Some tests are like that, yes, but this one has no more overhead than a
stat() so I'm not too worried about it..

Only works on some OS, but every lockfile problem I can remember has been
Solaris.  Probably because it is the only OS where NFS locking pretends to
work.