httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: apache/linux modules
Date Tue, 03 Feb 1998 03:48:37 GMT
On Mon, 2 Feb 1998, Marc Slemko wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Feb 1998, Cristian Gafton wrote:
>
> > > And would you mind not inserting the phrase (in so many words) "I want
> > > dynamic module support in Apache" in every message you send to the list?
> >
> > Sorry about that. What I meant is that although support is there, this
> > thing never worked out of the box and nobody seemed to care.
>
> You are right, no one has really cared.  Because no one here seems to use
> it.  We haven't had much in the way of people building third party
> distributions in the list speaking up about what they need.

Let me be clear that this isn't blaming anyone or saying anyone should
have, but simply saying that none of the core developers appear to
really care about it because they have no use for it.  You obviously
do, and we are perfectly willing to work with that.  Going to autoconf
in 1.3, however, is not on the agenda.  2.0... perhaps.