httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: apache/linux modules
Date Tue, 03 Feb 1998 03:35:28 GMT
On Mon, 2 Feb 1998, Cristian Gafton wrote:

> > If you have to edit anything other than Configuration then you're doing
> > something wrong or we've got a bug in our code.  Please show an example of
> > where you need to edit something other than Configuration.
>
> - Patching httpd.h to accomodate the Linux File System standard
> (installing by default in the /usr/local is broken, having apache look by
> default in /usr/local/etc is also broken)
> - Patching Makefile to accomodate different compiler args on Alpha, Sparc
> and Intel

Why can't you just do this in the Configuration file?  If you need
different compiler args, there is a place in the Configuration file for it
and anyway why do you need special compiler args for the redhat package?
If something is broken in Apache, it should be fixed.

If you need to change the defines in httpd.h, all the ones that can't be
changed in the config file are ifdefed in 1.2.5 so you can just add the
define in your Configuration file; in 1.2.6 nearly all are ifdefed.

If you have specific problems, feel free to raise them and they can be
dealt with.  It doesn't require autoconf.