httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/ap Makefile.tmpl
Date Mon, 02 Feb 1998 23:03:11 GMT
On Mon, 2 Feb 1998, Martin Kraemer wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 02, 1998 at 02:14:24PM -0700, Marc Slemko wrote:
> > The problem with that is that you loose the history.  I don't like that.
> > It is bad.
>
> No, you don't (it's still in the old dir's Attic/). But you lose the
> possibility to compare include/1p.h as of today with ap/ap.h as of one week
> ago.

You lose the history in the file; going to hunt somewhere for it isn't the
same...

> > The better solution could be to cp the ,v files, then CVS rm them from
> > where they used to be so they are still in Attic.
> I thought of that as well; but that would populate include/ even before
> its very existence.

Tough.

CVS does not allow you to move files, period.  Any way you do it you will
screw up.  Having a few extra files around in old trees is better than the
other alternatives.  It does not break things.

I really don't see any option... yea, we could move to perforce which I
think handles it and we can get free server and client, but... I don't
like that.