httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: /dist in apache-site CVS tree?
Date Mon, 02 Feb 1998 19:38:56 GMT
On Mon, 2 Feb 1998, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> So a couple of the mirror sites want to use anoncvs or cvsup to mirror the
> repository rather than mirror.pl.  I'd really like this, too.  The only
> probably is that the most important directory, /dist, isn't in the CVS
> tree.  Obviously it would be a pain to keep old versions in the history;
> but is there a way to mark CVS files as "no-history" or something, so that
> we don't get bloat and can put /dist under CVS?

Noooooooooooo.

Oh, and you don't really want to use anoncvs.

But you should be able to set cvsup to do it no problems.  You may need to
play with your cvsupd config file a bit, but it can handle non-RCS files
just fine... and it even does it reasonably well.  Heck, I should be using
it to pull the anoncvs repository instead of rsync (cvsup has the rsync
alg built in) but I didn't have the choice at the time...