httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Hyde <>
Subject RE: Naming conflicts
Date Fri, 27 Feb 1998 18:10:30 GMT
Ralf wrote:
> I wrote:
> > Can somebody slip this in?
> >>     #include <hide.h>
> Yeah, I still think its a good idea, so I'll do it in the next days.
But I
> really want this hide.h automatically or at least semi-automatically
> out of some `nm'-output, etc. Or at least it should contain a complete
list of
> redefinitions of exported symbols. I'll give it a try...
> Greetings,
>                                        Ralf S. Engelschall

Ralf - THANKS!!!

I read a book about how projects fail some years ago (_Implementation
Games_), it
had a horrible list of techniques for killing your favorite project.
Three of my favorites:
piling on (i.e. adding requirements), professionalism (i.e. doing the
job "right") and
delay (i.e. providing more time for the other techniques to be applied).

Of course then second guessing the kind guy doing the work is always
very effective :-).

That said, I'd rather put it in and then pile on features in a second
step.  I'm concerned
about: NT, bogus linker stress, mnemonic consensus (as well as piling
on, delay,
and professionalism).
 - ben hyde

ps. I enjoy'd your catalog of rewrite rule hacks, it got me thinking
about built in
parameterized named rule sets - bigger and better than sendmail!

View raw message