httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ics.uci.edu>
Subject Release Standards for Apache
Date Mon, 23 Feb 1998 20:58:05 GMT
Will point him to dev.apache.org.

...Roy

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 10:41:42 -0500
From: Gary Lawrence Murphy <garym@maya.dyn.ml.org>
To: fielding@ics.uci.edu
Subject: Release Standards for Apache

I'm not complaining, I am just curious ...
Why does the Apache project not follow the Linux convention for
releasing official patches?  For example, when you go from
1.3b4 to 1.3b5 there should be two patch sets, patch-1.3b4 and
patch-1.3b5 which would update the sources.

A related question:  Looking at the changes file, it is not clear
what the patch number means.  Do you offer a ref doc that explains
the source-upgrading process?  Better still, is there a master
CVS archive.

(in a nutshell, I am trying to streamline updating through the 1.3
editions ;)

Thanks in advance for your help in this.

Gary Lawrence Murphy <garym@visitweb.com> --- http://visitweb.com/~garym/
TeleDynamics http://visitweb.com/teledynamics/ RR#1 Sauble Beach, Ont CAN
telecenter design  --  telework systems  --  intranet/extranet consulting
"You don't play what you know; you play what you hear." ----- Miles Davis

------- End of Forwarded Message