httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chet Murthy <c...@watson.ibm.com>
Subject Re: would apache make a good base to implement an HTTP->HTTP gateway?
Date Thu, 19 Feb 1998 04:39:20 GMT
I've done things like this using squid, with a "redirector".
It's trivial, and from what I've heard, squid is pretty
efficient at proxying.

And when I say "trivial", I mean *really* *trivial*.
I wrote a ten-line perl-script, modified the squid.conf
file, and was off and running.

--chet--

IAC needs to make us-hosted sites appear to be hosted in other countries.
An HTTP->HTTP gateway with some minor URL translation seems to be a
reasonable way to do this. Would it make sense to build a solution as an
apache module?

See http://cpartner.iacnet.com/gw.html for details.