httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ics.uci.edu>
Subject Re: HTTP-NG
Date Mon, 09 Feb 1998 23:59:33 GMT
>Right. And you'll have done it without _any_ consultation with the
>developers of the most widely used HTTP server. Good plan! (not).

That's not entirely accurate -- Henrik invited me back in November,
but that was after the PDG had already decided its goals, and I have
been too busy in any case.  I am following it mostly because I am
supposed to be writing a research survey of various paradigms for
software interconnection (distributed object middleware and HTTP
being two examples).

I welcome Daniel's input, particularly since he has already hacked
together an Apache/ILU two-headed server based on 1.2.4 (I think).
If nothing else, it would be nice to have someone in that group
keep an eye on the architectural enhancements we'll be making
to support 2.0.

....Roy