httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ics.uci.edu>
Subject Re: HTTP-NG
Date Mon, 09 Feb 1998 01:32:41 GMT
>Is work on http-ng progressing?

W3C and Xerox PARC's ILU team are working on it with the presupposition
that making HTTP look more like CORBA is a good thing.

>Does it have much support?

Still restricted to the dev group.  I think they are going in the wrong
direction.  So does Rohit Khare, who is now a grad student here at UCI.
Most of what they have done so far is pretty generic (e.g., filling-out
the specifics of a MUX layer).

>Any rough timelines on it?

Nope.

>Any comments on what all will be included that could require consideration
>for 2.0?

A protocol-independent core and multithreaded abstraction and stream I/O.
In other words, what we knew would be needed all along.

>Are you involved at all Roy?

No, but I do have read-only access to the mailing list and documents
they are producing.  Unfortunately, I can't just post them.

....Roy