httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ics.uci.edu>
Subject Re: apache/linux modules
Date Mon, 02 Feb 1998 23:33:00 GMT
>I still have grave concerns about autoconf's ability to sense all the
>platform-specific issues src/Configure does.

I have been using automake+autoconf for over a year now on another
project and it is far better at sensing platform-specific issues than
src/Configure.  In fact, you could even have it simply do what our
Configure does -- running static scripts is no different than running
static macros.

It would still require a lot of work and some getting used to.
I wouldn't even consider it until 2.0 gets going, and even then
we should try to get Tom Romey to send us his macros first (and
maybe help us get started).

....Roy