httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: Another .conf question
Date Sat, 21 Feb 1998 13:08:53 GMT
Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:

> Question about per-directory .conf directives.  If I have the following:
>
> <VirtualHost www.foo.com>
> DocumentRoot /usr/foo
> ServerName www.foo.com
> MyDirective /usr/lib
> </VirtualHost>
>
> <Directory /usr/foo>
> MyOtherDirective /usr/bar
> </Directory>
>
> MyDirective and MyOtherDirective are both directives defined in my own
> module.  I would have assumed that for directory /usr/foo both of these
> directives would be set.  From experimenting it looks to me like only
> MyOtherDirective is set.  Would this be a problem in my module's merge
> function or is it a limitation of the .conf code in Apache?

I strongly suspect your merging function.  Are you sure your request is
getting mapped into the www.foo.com vhost?  And, since they're two
different directives (rather than one in two different places), are
you sure they're affecting the same fields in your internal structures?

#ken	P-)}

"Apache Server for Dummies" <http://WWW.Dummies.Com/