httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: W3C <-> Apache
Date Wed, 11 Feb 1998 00:34:22 GMT
Ben Laurie wrote:

> Henrik Frystyk Nielsen wrote:
> >
> > Since when has W3C been in any market? If you read our contract then we
> > explicitly state that we don't compete with anyone.
>
> Oh come on! W3C is a consortium. Of who? Of Web developers. W3C may
> claim to not compete, but its members can't make that claim. I love this
> idea that you can state in your "contract" (who is this a contract
> with?) that you don't compete, and somehow, magically, its true.

Come, come - let's try to work together towards a means of
collaboration and extending mutual trust and respect.  Enough
self-righteousness - on both sides.

Henryk, I think several of the Apache developers would like to
be involved in HTTP-NG design/evolution.  However, they probably
can none of them dedicate 50% of their time.  Will W3C cut them some
slack?  Is 50% of someone's time who can barely spell HTTP worth
more to W3C than 5% of Roy's, Marc's, Jim's, Dean's, ... time?

#ken	P-)}