httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: W3C <-> Apache
Date Wed, 11 Feb 1998 00:05:17 GMT
Henrik Frystyk Nielsen wrote:
> >Now, in case people think I'm completely serious about this: of course,
> >I'm not. I'm more reasonable than W3C. OTOH, the temptation of 50k a hit
> >could make me much less reasonable. But seriously: in what way is what I
> >have said different to W3C's approach? If anything it should carry more
> >weight. We represent more market than they do, after all.
>
> Since when has W3C been in any market? If you read our contract then we
> explicitly state that we don't compete with anyone.

Oh come on! W3C is a consortium. Of who? Of Web developers. W3C may
claim to not compete, but its members can't make that claim. I love this
idea that you can state in your "contract" (who is this a contract
with?) that you don't compete, and somehow, magically, its true.

Cheers,

Ben [who only ever tells the truth. It says so in his "contract"].