httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: W3C <-> Apache
Date Tue, 10 Feb 1998 23:28:08 GMT
It's late, and I have things to say about much of this tomorrow, but I
can't let this one go...

Henrik Frystyk Nielsen wrote:
> As I said, I would very much like to get more input from the Apache group -
> I do need people who can do real work. I have made the conditions clear so
> here you go - it's up to you!

Amazing! You think you can dictate conditions to us. As the de facto
setter of standards for Webservers, I say that you must follow our
process, namely to submit patches to Apache and gain appropriate support
for those patches. Until you do, you have not followed the due process
for changing the way the Web works.

Now, in case people think I'm completely serious about this: of course,
I'm not. I'm more reasonable than W3C. OTOH, the temptation of 50k a hit
could make me much less reasonable. But seriously: in what way is what I
have said different to W3C's approach? If anything it should carry more
weight. We represent more market than they do, after all.

Cheers,

Ben.