httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.2/conf httpd.conf-dist
Date Fri, 06 Feb 1998 14:42:22 GMT
Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> (detecting if tmpfile is nfs-mounted)
> By the way, I would really support having things like this in another
> program, like a "config-lint", which would be called separately by the
> person who wrote the config file.  Such a program could detect bogosities
> which have bitten us before, like this.

A cute idea, but doing it right means abstracting the configuration
parsing into something for which a set of non-httpd-core routines
can be written.  A difficult proposition.  Another approach would
be to add a "-T" flag that told httpd to just parse and vet its
config files.  That would put the onus for verifying that the environment
is healthy on the directive handlers - the handler for LockFile could
gritch if it was told to use something other than a local disk.
Except that the LockFile directive handler isn't called if we're
using the default (i.e., no LockFile directive specified).  Hmmm.

#ken	P-)}

View raw message