httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: apache/linux modules
Date Wed, 04 Feb 1998 03:32:57 GMT
Blimey!  Since 2.0 is so nebulous, how about this: create a new
repository for the sole purpose of hacking autoconf and friends,
copy 1.3 into it, and let whomever wants take a stab at converting
Configure to autoconf et cie.  Strictly experimental, using
this specific repository solely for a proof of concept.  If it
works out, roll the appropriate stuff (files or how-to documents)
into the 2.0 repository and nuke the experimental one.  If it
doesn't work out, put this bloody discussion to bed - permanently.

I must confess that I'm curious about the outcome.  I'm sure we
all have friends running obscure OSes that we could get to
guinea-pig just a build..

Enough talk?

#ken	P-)}