httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: apache-2.0 now clean
Date Tue, 03 Feb 1998 00:12:52 GMT
Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> No.  The whole idea of the 2.0 tree is to have a shared information
> space that is specific to 2.0 development and in which people can work
> on the 2.0 redesign.

Personally, I would rather have the "shared information space" be
apache-devsite rather than apache-2.0.  Really.  I don't like the
idea of cluttering the to-be development area with plans and
discussions.  We have an area for project plans and what-not;
let's use that.  Please.

> In the meantime, however, I want to see it when someone makes a
> change or addition to the 2.0 repository.

Doing this in the apache-devsite directoy retains this ability,
and doesn't complicate the usage paradigm of the development tree.
IMHO.

#ken	P-)}