httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: apache/linux modules
Date Mon, 02 Feb 1998 23:33:38 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Feb 1998, Cristian Gafton wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 2 Feb 1998, Marc Slemko wrote:
> >
> > > Sure it is.  mod_dld.c.  It just doesn't work.
> >
> > That is dead... dld is dead... For a loooong time... Don't kid yourself
> > with something that will *never* work... At elast on modern Linux and *BSD
> > systems...
>
> If this is the case then lets remove it from the distribution and replace
> it with Sameer's module or something else.
>
> > > Sameer's mod_something (erm... mod_so) works under FreeBSD I think.
> > > Relies on dlopen/dlsym.

mod_so's status is in the .. erm, the STATUS file.  There's been
nothing new on it since November, when Sameer brought up the issue of
locating symbols whose name involve funky underbar *fixes.  I think
the suggestion was to do a dlsym lookup on all permutations, but
I think the project fell on the floor.

#ken	P-)}