httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: [BUG] with include paths and regex.h
Date Mon, 02 Feb 1998 23:21:20 GMT
Martin Kraemer wrote:

> With my current setup, a compiled server dies an immediate death because
> the regex.h of the system does not match with the HS regex of the library
> (the latter works with apache, the former doesn't).

So what's using the system's regex.h?  The -I../include should result in
all of the Apache stuff picking up the HS regex.h file.  Since the
Makefiles used to include an -I../regex, which is where regex.h used to
live, I don't see how this could be happening - unless there's some
stale .o files lying around.

> So, my plea is:
> *   add an explicit -I .../regex/ to the Makefile.tmpl's or make
>     sure that the correct regex.h is used. (I added the -I to extra_includes)

Someone (Jim?) suggested changing the name of the HS regex.h file to
"hsregex.h", which sounds like a reasonable compromise - but I haven't
looked into it.  Since I did the .h movement I suppose it's incumbent
upon me to fix up this residue..

#ken	P-)}