httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: Don't touch the 1.3 .h files..
Date Sun, 01 Feb 1998 20:42:09 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> Unfortunately there's one more catch...  we can't put regex.h in
> src/include.  It breaks anywhere that doesn't use spencer regex.

This spectre has been raised before: should we discard the option
of OS regex versus src/regex?  As I recall, there was a lot of "yes,
let's always use ours" sentiment.  The discussion got diluted into a
general NIH one, and petered out somewhere in the ap_snprintf()
area.

Always using src/regex simplifies the build, puts this regex.h
issue to bed, and incidentally raises our comfort level (well,
potentially).

#ken	P-)}