httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: 1.2.6
Date Tue, 24 Feb 1998 03:23:13 GMT
At 09:39 PM 2/22/98 -0500, you wrote:
>On Sun, 22 Feb 1998, Dean Gaudet wrote:
>
>>     to test older versions.  The apache-1.2-testers mailing list is
>>     intended for the announcement and discussion of pre-releases of
>>     Apache 1.2.  Please do *not* discuss features, as they will not be
>>     accepted into Apache 1.2.
>
>Why don't you llan for the future and name it apache-stable-testers so
>you're ready when you've moved on to 2.x and 1.3 is the stable release?

Okay, I've set up two new mailing lists:

stable-testers@apache.org
current-testers@apache.org

"stable" being defined as release 1.2, "current" being defined as 1.3.

Here's the "info" file from stable-testers, something similar to it is set
up for current-testers:

****

This list is for volunteers willing to test drive versions of the
"stable" branch of the Apache HTTP Server right before a public
release.  As of 02/23/1998 this is version 1.2.

This is predominantly a one-way forum: when the Apache Group has a new
release ready, they will let this list know about it first, and then
it is *expected* that people will pull it down from the Apache web
site and give it a spin.  If you see a problem, and have done your due
diligence to make sure it isn't a configuration error, and it's
definitely a difference in behavior from the last public release in
the series, then please post here about it.

Thanks!  And welcome to the team!

        The Apache Group

****

If this sounds cool, we could probably announce this to the apache-announce
crowd.

	Brian

specialization is for insects				  brian@organic.com