httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <>
Subject evil things about proftpd, chapter 1
Date Tue, 17 Feb 1998 06:30:04 GMT

I've not got a good feeling about this:

  The AllowOverwrite directive permits newly transfered
  files to overwrite existing files. By default, ftp clients
  cannot overwrite existing files.

I know it's different from Apache's "AllowOverride", but it's close enough
I'm sure it'll confuse people.  Check out the default in the config file:

<Directory />
  AllowOverwrite                on

there are other places the config language is close to Apache's in syntax
but wildly different in semantics.  Not to say ours is any good, of course.
 In walking through this I'm becoming more enamored of the XML idea..

"Optimism is a strategy for making
a better future." - Noam Chomsky

View raw message