httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@engelschall.com (Ralf S. Engelschall)
Subject Re: CNet reviews Apache for NT
Date Fri, 27 Feb 1998 10:16:00 GMT

In article <3.0.3.32.19980226122317.009a2a70@hyperreal.org> you wrote:

> http://www.cnet.com/Content/Builder/Servers/NtWeb/ss05.html

> nutshell: they liked it, they even complimented the non-GUI interface!
> downsides: we came in "dead last" in performance, and they hit the CGI bug,
> but they were forgiving in that respect.

Hmmm... one of my colleagues currently tries 1.3b6-dev under NT and he also
send me a note that it seems to have very poor performance.  I'm not very
familiar with Apache under NT, so wasn't able to give an good answer. Has
someone thought about this fact why Apache is such slow there? What stuff we
are doing wrong under NT?

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com