httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Kluft <ikl...@cisco.com>
Subject Re: ...and the some people looking for PHP authors...
Date Thu, 26 Feb 1998 02:58:22 GMT
> From: rasmus@lerdorf.on.ca (Rasmus Lerdorf)
> > Manning Publications specializes in high-end books for programmers and
> > developers, and we're looking for authors who can write about PHP. [...]
>
> Interesting.  Manning approached me and I turned them down in favour of an
> O'Reilly book.  I guess they still want to try to compete even though they
> know there will be O'Reilly book coming out on the subject.

In late January, Manning spammed all the individuals who had recently sent
anything to the Java-Apache mail list.  We promptly condemned their spam
and contacted O'Reilly.
--
Ian Kluft  KO6YQ PP-ASEL                                  Cisco Systems, Inc.
ikluft@cisco.com (work)  ikluft@thunder.sbay.org (home)          San Jose, CA