httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Web Server performance world record broken
Date Tue, 24 Feb 1998 14:43:06 GMT

>From: Damian Reeves <dreeves@zeustech.net>
>Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix,comp.infosystems.www.servers.misc
>Subject: Web Server performance world record broken
>Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 12:16:27 +0000

Date:    23 February 1998
Company: Zeus Technology Limited
Product: Zeus Web Server

Title:   ZEUS TECHNOLOGY AND SGI BREAK SERVER PERFORMANCE WORLD RECORD

Cambridge, England, Zeus Technology Limited announces new world record
levels of web server performance.

Full Text:

Silicon Graphics Inc, Mountain View, California, in conjunction with
Zeus Technology Limited, Cambridge, England, have shattered a world
record for web server performance, only recently set by Zeus
Technology and IBM.

The record breaking machine, an 8 processor Origin 2000 running Zeus
Server software, achieved a SPECweb96 rating of 6200.  This latest
result has ousted the former SPECweb96 world-record holder, an IBM 12
processor RS/6000 (4075 SPECweb96), by over 50 percent.

Even more impressive is the fact that the result also beat a 10
processor Sun Ultra Enterprise 4000 running on Sun Web Server by over
65 percent (3746 SPECweb96), and an 8 processor Sun Ultra 4000 running
Netscape Enterprise by over 120% (2796 SPECweb96).

The results, which are backed by the SPEC, the independent
benchmarking organisation, demonstrate that Zeus Web Server software
is the best choice for high-volume mission critical web sites.

Zeus software has unparallelled scalability on today's large SMP
machines, allowing a company's servers to more than keep up with the
demands placed on them by the exponential growth of the Internet.

Zeus Technology provides web-hosting companies with high-performance,
mission-critical, easily administrable, feature rich web server
software. Its mission is to quickly establish itself as Europe's
leading vendor of Internet server software.

The latest version of Zeus Web Server software is available on: IRIX,
HP-UX, Digital Unix, IBM AIX, Solaris and Linux. Support for NT is
planned for later this year.

For further information and a full list of features, and free
evaluation downloads, please visit our website http://www.zeustech.net

SPEC home page:
  http://www.spec.org/

SGI press release:
  http://www.sgi.com/Headlines/1998/February/webforce_release.html

Contact:
  Bryan Amesbury
  Zeus Technology Ltd
  St John's Innovation Park
  Cowley Road
  Cambridge CB4 4WS
  ENGLAND
  Tel:    +44 (0)1223 421727
  Fax:    +44 (0)1223 421731
  E-mail: bames@zeustech.net

--
Damian Reeves, <dreeves@zeustech.net>             Zeus Technology Ltd
Download the world's fastest webserver today!         Serving the Net