httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <>
Subject Re: 1.2.6
Date Mon, 23 Feb 1998 02:57:16 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> >
> > Vigorous agreement here - let me hear a few more +1's and I'll set this up.
> >  I also agree with Dean that we need to support 1.2.x as a bug-free
> > reference HTTP/1.1 implementation, at least until we can make the same
> > claim until 1.3, which may not even happen until 1.3.1 or .2 or .3.
> +1, definitely.

I would just like some feel for what we mean by "support 1.2.x"...
If it means fixing serious holes and bugs, as I've mentioned before,
then I'm +1 on that (after all, it _is_ our official release).
But then this has the nasty hook as far as what does one
consider "serious."

All I'm trying to say is that I don't want to see 1.3 put off
because of work done on 1.2.x that may be "questionable".

That's all.
      Jim Jagielski            |       jaguNET Access Services           |