httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kraemer <Martin.Krae...@mch.sni.de>
Subject Re: do 1.3b6?
Date Sat, 21 Feb 1998 13:27:02 GMT
On Sat, Feb 21, 1998 at 08:02:09AM -0500, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> Perhaps this time we can also hold up the announcement until after
> some people have confirmed that they've tested the tarball?

To defend myself and the others: I think we all (most of us at least) DID
test the 1.3b5 server. As a matter of fact, I'm running it still on a
rather busy intranet proxy site at work. And yes, it serves /~martin/
and other user directories just fine.

> There
> were no such confirmations for 1.3b3, AFAICR.

(Almost) Every release had a few bugs detected soon after the announcement
went out. That's evolution, and  the Apache Group are one of the few
"software firms" who fix such findings rather quickly. I think we
will not ruin our fame when we confess that the release still had some
flaws. And really, 1.3b5 ain't half bad. (?I'm no native english speaking
person, and I always forget if "not half bad" really means "not bad" or
"completely bad". What I meant was: it's quite good after all.)

    Martin