httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Rasins <sa...@dns.omniport.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.2 STATUS
Date Fri, 20 Feb 1998 06:10:37 GMT
> 1.2.5 and lower did not implement HTTP/1.1 correctly.  I'm a lot happier
> providing people with a 1.2.6 that is compliant than I am dictating that
> they all upgrade to 1.3... especially when 1.3 won't happen for several
> more months (just being a realist ;).  My guess is that folks will go from
> 1.2.5 to 1.2.6 a lot faster than they'd go to a 1.3.0.  If it were me, and
> I wasn't working on apache, I'd certainly do that.  I never go for a ".0"
> release of other folks software.

Right Dean!  I am following the new-httpd list and I feel "safer" using
the 1.2 base with my servers.  I am a user of your product ... with
aspirations of doing a bit of coding when I find the time to.  :-)

Later,
Sambo	P-)
<Sambo@Caribe-Enterprises.com>

Power is danger.
		-- The Centurion, "Balance of Terror", stardate 1709.2

{NOTE: The [random] quote above was provided via the 'fortune' program.}