httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Lopez Ridruejo <ridru...@gtex-pracs.us.es>
Subject Comanche alpha
Date Fri, 30 Jan 1998 12:06:22 GMT
I am sending this to new-httpd and gui-dev, so if any of you is subscribed to
both of them you will get it twice (sorry)

This is to announce Comanche 0.1 alpha

* What is Comanche?
==================

Comanche stands for "COnfiguration MANager for apaCHE"
It is a graphical configuration utility for the Apache webserver (see
http://www.apache.org) distributed under GNU license

You can find more information about Comanche at

http://www.esi.us.es/~ridruejo/comanche

and about the Apache GUI and Configuration project at

http://butler.disa.mil/ApacheConfigClient
http://www.esi.us.es/~ridruejo/gui

* Where can I get it?
=====================

http://www.esi.us.es/~ridruejo/comanche/download

NOTE: This release is only intended for the people at gui-dev@apache.org
and new-httpd@apache.org. So PLEASE do not distribute further. Although it is
pretty usable now, I do not want to make it wide public until I consider
it is complete enough

* What do I need to run it?

Comanche is written in TCL/TK, so it should run out of the box in any
Windows, MAC or UNIX machine with a TCL/TK interpreter installed
It has been tested in Windows NT, Windows 95 and Red Hat Linux 5.0

You need tcl/tk 8.0 to run it. You can get it at ftp://ftp.smli.com/pub/tcl
The latest version I know of is 8.0p2

* What is this release for?