httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Kluft <ikl...@cisco.com>
Subject Re: HTTP-NG
Date Wed, 11 Feb 1998 00:28:17 GMT
> From: Marc Slemko <marcs@worldgate.com>
> On Tue, 10 Feb 1998, Ben Laurie wrote:
> > Not to mention calling into question the validity of W3C's claim that it
> > "...is vendor neutral, working with the global community...". Clearly it
> > is not.
>
> <ha mode=cynical>
> All we have to do is join the W3C for $5k/year with a $15k upfront
> commitment.  Just becase we are too cheap...
> </ha>

All you have to do is make new protocol options in Apache and the freeware
Netscape, and send the URL for the specs to everyone... and W3C becomes
irrelevant.  It would be to their benefit to work with Apache.
--
Ian Kluft  KO6YQ PP-ASEL                                  Cisco Systems, Inc.
ikluft@cisco.com (work)  ikluft@thunder.sbay.org (home)          San Jose, CA