httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Veillard <veill...@rufus.w3.org>
Subject Re: HTTP-NG
Date Tue, 10 Feb 1998 05:44:06 GMT

> I welcome Daniel's input, particularly since he has already hacked
> together an Apache/ILU two-headed server based on 1.2.4 (I think).

  Thank you Roy. You're right one piece of the testbed is an Apache
server serving via the standard HTTP stack and via ILU. I also got
in touch with RST here at MIT.

> If nothing else, it would be nice to have someone in that group
> keep an eye on the architectural enhancements we'll be making
> to support 2.0.

  I will definitely give some input and some feedback if asked for
or if I detect an ongoing problem. I currently stick with 1.2.x,
I don't expect to upgrade to 1.3 but definitely to 2.0. Good performances
with a multiplexing protocol like MUX may be simplified with either
fibers or threads (following the process-model terminology), but I don't
think it's required (on Unix select() still rules !).

Ian Kluft <ikluft@cisco.com> wrote:
:It was enough to determine it was too much overhead for what we needed.
:However, we made a note that the Apache Group would probably be interested
:eventually.

  I would be interested in the analysis of Apache-Java Team w.r.t. the
MUX protocol.

  Daniel

--
Daniel.Veillard@w3.org | W3C  MIT/LCS  NE43-344  | Today's Bookmarks :
Tel : +1 617 253 5884  | 545 Technology Square   | Linux, WWW, Java,